The newer DanNet releases use the release date as the version number, formatted as
2023-11-28: Short labels
dns:shortLabelvariants of synset labels (derived from, amongst other things, word frequencies from DDO) have been added to the DanNet dataset.
dns:sourceis now used once again to link to the original dictionary entry sources such as DDO. The usage of
dc:sourcewas both problematic wrt. its definition in the schema, as well the annoying fact that
dcin some cases results in confusion when used as an RDF prefix as it may be hardcoded to a specific IRI.
- Some sense labels had lost their language (@da) by mistake and this has now been fixed.
2023-09-28: Fixing the domain topic relation
wn:has_domain_topicrelation had been used in place of
wn:domain_topicin the DanNet dataset. This has now been corrected.
2023-07-07: Thousands of new links and schema updates
- DanNet now has around 10K new links to the CILI which is also linked with the OEWN and other WordNets.
- Some new relations (
dns:eqSimilar) have been added since
wn:eqSynonymwere not sufficient to cover the inter-WordNet links we now have.
- DanNet synsets now also have the raw DDO domain values from DSL that were present in the older versions of DanNet. These are represented with the
- Furthermore, the sex/gender data from the older versions of DanNet has also been included. It is available via the new
- To better facilitate graph navigation on the DanNet website, a new relation called
dns:linkedConcepthas been added to the DanNet schema. This relation is the inverse of
wn:iliand is inferred in the large graph that can be queried on wordnet.dk/dannet.
2023-06-01: ~5000 links to the Open English WordNet
- The schema translations have been updated.
- Around 5000 links have been added which link DanNet to the Open English WordNet or indirectly via the CILI.
- The OEWN data set has received a companion data set containing generated labels for synsets, senses, and words.
dns:sourcehave been removed from the DanNet schema (
dns:sourcehas been replaced by
2023-05-23: DDS/COR improvements & links to DDO
The following changes to our data sets will be available in the next version:
- Many DanNet words and senses have been linked to DDO via the new
- Unofficial conjugations present in the COR companion data set have been marked as such in their
- Various other smaller tweaks to the COR dataset.
- The DDS data set now uses 32-bit
floatas opposed to
double, which results in a smaller RDF export as this data type doesn't require any special encoding in .ttl-files.
2023-05-11: The new DanNet
There are too many changes in this initial release to list all of them in a succinct way:
- Around 5000 new senses have been added, mostly adjectives.
- Many data set inconsistencies and other undesirable properties have been cleaned up.
- The entirety of DanNet has been converted to the Ontolex standard and uses the relations from the Global WordDet Association.
- DanNet is now RDF-native; RDF schemas are also available covering e.g. the ontological types.
- The DSL-derived DanNet IDs all resolve to actual RDF resources which can be viewed in a browser.
- Several companion data sets are available for download and are also merged with the data on wordnet.dk.
- Additional data points have also been inferred from the bootstrap data, e.g. inverse relations.
- The CSV download is now CSVW and includes metadata files describing contents of the columns.
- The DanNet data is now licensed as CC BY-SA 4.0 and the source code of the project is available under the MIT licence.
- ... and of course wordnet.dk/dannet is the new home of DanNet.
In addition to the work done on DanNet itself, we have also contributed to the Global WordNet Association's RDF schema.